Slievemore General Practice
Covid Vaccine Information and Consent Information
PLease read this page if you have been offered a Covid 19 vaccine. The link to the booking module is at the bottom of this page.
If you are about to receive a Comirnaty (Pfeizer/Biontech) Covid-19 vaccine, this page is relevant to you. Some general information also applies to the other vaccines as well. Please read this information VERY CAREFULLY, as you will be required to give informed consent when you are called for your vaccine.
Vaccine Information Covid 19 Vaccination (Pfizer/Biontech “Comirnaty”) is being offered to patients of Slievemore General Practice. Full Vaccine information for all vaccines is available on the HSE website. This includes information on side effects and contraindications. Covid 19 Vaccination will protect you from the devastating effects of Covid 19 disease, including a high mortaity rate and a high invalidity rate. In addition to protecting yourself, by getting vaccinated, you are contributing to reducing the incidence of Covid 19 in the community, and contributing significantly to the protection of society as a whole. Vaccine Contraindications. The Comirnaty vaccine is contra-indicated under the following circumstances, and if any apply, you should not proceed at this time.
- If you have an known allergy to the Comirnaty Vaccine or any of its constituents.
- If you have had a Covid 19 infection within the last 4 weeks, or are awaiting a COVID 19 test, or test result.
- If you are less than 14 weeks or over 32 weeks pregnant. All pregnant women should discuss the Covid Vaccine with their obstetricians before proceeding.
- If you have a temperature greater than 38’ C on the day of the vaccination.
If in doubt, please consult your physician, and do not proceed with this booking. Please let the vaccination team know if you have had an attack of anaphylaxis from any cause. This will not exclude you from getting vaccinated, but just ensure appropriate protocols are followed. (Anaphylaxis for this purpose can be considered a generalised sudden reaction to an allergen, requiring medical treatment with adrenaline).
Common Side effects of the Vaccine.
- Sore arm at the site of injection.
- Muscle pains,
- Local swollen lymph glands.
- It is more common, but still rare to have a reaction to the second vaccine. This includes a fever over 38’C, flu like symptoms, and a sore arm. Any symptoms lasting more than 48 hours require investigation, and you should telephone your doctor.
Uncommon Side effects of the Vaccine.
- The Vaccine has been associated with Bell’s Palsy (paralysis of one side of the face). The incidence is quoted as around 1 in 10,000. Full recovery can be expected in many cases.
- There have been instances of anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction) to the vaccine – thought to be less than 1 per million. Slievemore Clinic have the facility to deal with such reactions.
Specific Information for Covid Vaccine in Slievemore Clinic You may be invited for a vaccine in teh Slievemore Clinic is
- You are a registered patient of Slievemore General Practice (seen in the last 3 years).
- You are aged less than 60 years of age, on the vaccination date.
- You are considered to be in Category 4a, or Category 7 of the HSE criteria. You can self identify for this program, as discussed on the Covid Vaccination in Slievemore Clinic page.
- You should make yourself aware of the HSE information on the vaccination and also the information above on the contraindications and known possible side effects.
- You should understand that Slievemore General Practice doctors and nurses are administering the vaccine as part of a Government program in Good Faith, and that, while they are very happy to recommend Covid 19 Vaccination, given current knowledge, it is a relatively new vaccine. Slievemore General Practice cannot accept any liability for short or long term side effects (known or unknown) of novel Covid vaccines.
- You will wear a mask on arrival at the clinic.
- You will wear short sleeves or a loose neck top allowing easy access to the upper shoulder.
- You will maintain social distancing throughout your appointment.
- You will remain in the clinic for 15 minutes post vaccination.
- You are the patient, or legal guardian of the patient, for whom the appointment is being made.
- You are getting vaccinated of your own free will.
- You agree to the data protection notice below.
Online booking is suspended at the current time.
***For People who have received an Invitation Code, you can complete your booking through the link below. If you have not received an invite, please do not proceed to this link. You will be asked for your invite code. If your booking is successful you will receive a confirmatory email and Txt.
Link to Booking and Consent Page
Bookings will be made to align with our expected supplies. There is absolutely no guarantee that we will be able to vaccinate all the people that fit into Category 4A and Categorey 7. We will do our best to obtain sufficient supplies, but the amount we get will be out of our control, and we understand it will be limited. Patioents should also register for the Mass Vaccination Clinics , when their turn comes up. We would be very grateful if people in the Categories 4a and 7, who have bene vaccinated elsewhere let us know that they are vaccinated, as it will save a lot of time if people can be excluded from our lists, and will allow us to vaccinate another patient.